Thursday, May 11, 2006

Something 'Different' - A POEM

Well, I said I'd probably put some poetry up here sooner or later and it looks like it's 'sooner'. I dreamt this last night, just finished writing it, and felt it needed to be shared.


A Rose in Vain

I tried to give her a rose
With a rich, aromatic bouquet
My crimson fingers bleeding
Had stripped all thorns away

I hoped my gift would delight her
Put a smile on her beautiful face
Perhaps it would even remind her
Just how these forgotten lips taste


A rose, to show her I love her
A rose, to demonstrate I care
A magical rose, so when I awake
Perhaps she'd really be there!

I tried to give her a rose
To give her pride where she felt shame
Because whether rosa, rosé or rousseau
It's still sweet by any name

I tried to give her a rose
With those baritone poems
Caressing alto ears
With a bouquet of gentle kisses
To dry up those unshed rears

I tried to give her a rose
Perhaps to reconcile my pain
But my crimson fingers bleeding
Apparently plucked that rose in vain

By Jahaka Mindstorm
© 2006 (pending) All Rights Reserved

Put this rose where you keep my heart, please.