Sunday, April 30, 2006

Forecast: Partly Cloudy


Today's Horoscope for moi:

Quickie:
You have accomplished a lot -- be happy with what you have instead of wanting more. It's springtime, and that means it's time to get outside and hum along with the honeybees and whistle with the birds and blossom with the flowers. Breathe deep and, if it's balmy out, spend as much of the day as possible outdoors. There's nothing in the world that compares with the healing powers of a Sunday in spring. Pick a bouquet or two, while you're at it, to bring a little spring home.


Overview:
Face it -- you care a lot more about this person than you've been letting on. How can you figure out what to do next if you don't know what's going on now? The worst kinds of lies, after all, are the ones you tell yourself.

I was once in a counseling session to help fix a relationship (that ultimately didn't work out). The counselor was a friend of my Significant Other, and a female besides, so I figured I was in for an emotional and intellectual ass-whooping. But when all was said and done, my S.O. was the one who was told she had a lot of things to work out. Lady Therapist surprised me with the observation: "Jahaka, you are one of the most self aware people I've ever met."

Now I tried to take that comment with a grain of salt, because intellectual women can often give backhanded compliments that carry a lot more backhand than compliment. She might have been calling me self-centered, or even selfish! I decided she probably meant some of the former, but not so much of the latter.


Today's horoscope speaks to me on several levels, although I'm hardly an astrology "enthusiast." The "Quickie" seems to address my extracurricular vocation - Spoken Word and Poetry. The "Overview" tickles my consciousness on a much deeper level and the implication that I might be in denial about personal issues tells me I may need several hours on the therapy couch with my Self.
Undercutting it all is a ridiculous situation of workplace estrangement that has me stressed in a whole different fashion.

Nothing to do on a day like this except what the horoscope says -- "spend as much of the day as possible outdoors... Pick a bouquet or two, while you're at it, to bring a little spring home."
And if it's a sucky day, I'll just work out like a maniac. But I WILL take this day for myself and I WILL do something positive with it.