Thursday, April 27, 2006

Coming Together

When Moka and JB asked me to meet with them I thought it would be just to talk about the development of the Wednesday Poetry Forum at The Baobab Center. Indeed, Language Arts Wednesdays was discussed more than anything else, and a tentative plan to increase the popularity of the workshop/seminar-oriented program.

But I found myself contributing ideas and thoughts about a variety of other things, including an offer to help network computers at the center (Didn't I get enough of that with Robert?!) and possibly helping attendees create web sites, or at least blogs.

We also talked about disversifying the Centers twice-weekly film-and-discussion gathering and pumping up the business club. The Language Art Wednesdays program also will rely heavily on the club structure: Poetry clubs, debate teams, SLAM events; and perhaps theatrical and oratorial activities as well.

It's actually the kind of thing I love to do (organizing stuff for youth) and I'm looking forward to working with Moka, Niema, JB, Crystal and the other players at the The Baobab.

Who knows? It might even inspire me to get an easel and break out the paint and brushes again... Now that would be a cathartic change.