Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stopping the Steal

"Jahaka, if you don't be careful, God or Grandpa will wind up stealing the show from you," Robert said. What?! Who the hell does he think he's talking to?!

Hearing that remark at rehearsal last night lit a fire under me. It was a fire that was close to one of those 'pissed off' situations, but I think I managed to turn it into something constructive. When it was time for my monologue, I put some real fire on it...

I leapt and prowled around the stage; roared and hissed my lines, made 'mean-mug' faces that would frighten angry trolls... I went into my role as the Prince of Darkness with vigor and intensity. When I finished, all Robert could say was: "Damn, Jahaka. I'm impressed. I'm really impressed -- and I never say that to anybody."

Yeah, Robert, I know. But you better start practicing how to say it because this is only the beginning. I'm beginning to embrace this Satan role so much now I have to fight urges to instigate people into altercations and spraypaint graffiti on church doors.

I think it's just stress though. I'll feel better after I go outside and throw rocks at squirrels for awhile. Yeah... Steal the show from ME?! Man I oughta blast his ass with my pitchfork...

Hey, where did all the squirrels go?