Monday, April 10, 2006

New Link - The Upstate Cats


Had an early contact with my magazine editor today. There was a little disappointment because a story I had promised for the upcoming Health issue didn't get written, but they have two new assignments for me - profiles on close acquaintances of mine, which are the easiest kind of stories to write and gives me bargaining chips to call in later.

Carolyne also asked me about Rob Lee -- did I know who he was? Am I familiar with Upstatecats.com, the website his group maintains? (uh, no, not really...)

It's a cool site, nice musical intro, apparently written in Macromedia Flash code. I couldn't get the site to load with Internet Explorer, which I thought was odd, but Netscape 8.1 handled the page without problem.

Upstate Cats focuses on promotion and management of musicians and I was surprised that the group isn't more widely known in Rochester. This city certainly has a plethora of entertainiers, and more pouring each year from the doors of the Hochstein and Eastman Music schools.

Yeah, this is the kind of link I want to share in my web log. Gonna put it on Storm Haven, too, later. For now, I'm just gonna chill and think about a golden dream.

Whatcha doin' babe?

Peace.