Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Family Matters

Jazmyne I’m so late reading my subscriptions that it will take at least a week to catch up, and that only if I did nothing but read. I apologize to those writers, but I will catch up. (Somehow.) My reasons for delinquency range from a few complex writing projects of my own to family matters. Most recently it’s family matters. Good ones.

There’s no blessing quite like the blessing of family. I’m blessed to have a large clan, but we’re a little scattered around.

Being head of my family often makes me feel like a king. My little princes and princesses are the jewels in my crown. I got mad jewels.

KJMy oldest daughter, Jazmyne, turned 22 years old Saturday and my son KJ turned 10 years old Monday. Jazmyne lives in Indiana. KJ lives in Florida. I live in the great state of New York, as do four of my princes (Willis, Brandon, Jonathan, Brandon, Jr) and five of my princesses (Dominique, Desiree, Vondaya, Kinyata, Shannon).

Dominique, Brandon, BJ and KJWhen Brandon suggested Willis and I join him, Dominique and Brandon Jr on a weekend road trip to Naptown for the occasion of Jzamyne’s birthday, I was all for it. So we loaded up and headed south west. The pics tell the rest of the tale.



LyndsayDestini










It was disappointing that neither Destini or Lyndsay were able to join us. Lyndsay is in basic training with the National Guard and Destini is in Florida. At least she was able to share in KJ's birthday. we did at least get to speak on the phones werwe made to exchange birthday wishes and simply to connect.