Friday, June 09, 2006

Hot days and cool nights

This week we spent a lot of time working to promote the first annual fund-raising dinner for CONEA and SAC, an unprecendented collaboration between major activists groups in the Latin American community and the African American community. Unfortuantely, other organizers had so much on their plate that we didn't get things out as timely as desired, waiting for approval for this or that. However the project was ultimately completed and it could be looked at as another bargaining chip from one of my investors who has acute interests in CONEA and their neighborhood rehabilitation projects.

Sound engineers are coming out of the woodwork, wanting to work on my CD project. Mark still wants to get me in Houston and my old friend Coole High would like me to let him do his thing in Brooklyn. I might parcel out the work. Coole is great with Beats, Mark has remarkable expertise with ballad type music, and Mike D is still the man for all around sound effects.

Last night was pretty decent at the open mic. A small crowd, but among them were my sister, my niece and her young ones. Gonna be interesting to see how tonight goes, since we're competing against the first day of 2K6 JazzFest.

Everybody on MySpace is clamoring for me to publish. Shit, I'm already published - just under marketed and under promoted. I'm into CDs now, baby. Peopele will more readily listen than they will read.

Hot days and cool nights. My favorite time of year and I'm CAPITALIZING on all fronts.

Hotep.