Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Family Matters (cont.)

Ex-wife Crystal, Jazmyne the Graduate, and Papa Jahaka on Graduation Day, 2K3Last time I made it to Indianapolis was for Jazmyne's graduation. I had a great time then, as well, but there were a lot more civic events this time around and I got a chance to meet my ex-wife's new husband, Kenny, who is simply an awesome individual. If a was able to handpick the man I wanted to be a step-parent to my offspring, I could have done no better than to pick this man.

Kenny Alexander, a good brother any way you slice it.

Grandfather and Grandson

Three Generations and Counting...


There's something about children that is magical. It only increases if the child is a grand-child, the magic made by one's children. To the left, Grandpa Jah mentors BJ on the finer aspects of football. To the right, father and son watch the Colts on TV while grandson contempltates the mystery of this strange sport.

Aha! There's that milk!

My Miles' cuter than your Miles!

To the left, BJ demonstrates his refrigerator raiding skill. Grandpa did not teach him that, but understands how important it is to develop that skill also. Who ever heard of a skinny tackle? (Oh, did we mention BJ only started walking the week before this road trip was taken?) To the right is Kenny's grandson, Miles. (He's just as handsome as Jahaka's offspring!)